Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Peach Lassi

Lassi is a natural milk and yogurt drink and it is simplest form of the currently popular probiotic beverages. It is most popular in the Asian sub continent and a favorite beverage during hot summer months, served both sweet and savory.

I know this is not a season for lassi in most parts of the world but this one is so delicious and healthy that I can have it any time of the year. I usually have lassi instead of taking lunch which helps me feel lighter and gives enough energy for the evening workout session.

The best thing about this lassi is that you can experiment with the flavors as much as you want. I used canned peaches today, you can also use fresh peaches, or pineapple, strawberries, bananas, mangoes or even chocolate. 

To make Peach Lassi you will need only four simple ingredients:

  1. Yougurt (1/2 cup)
  2. Milk (1/2 cup)
  3. Honey (2 tbsp)
  4. Peaches canned or fresh (4)
Put everything together in a blender for 1 minute and enjoy!

Simple isn't it?

Tell me what's your favorite drink in hot summer afternoons?

7 comments:

  1. Hy Zee,
    just found your space..love your space.
    nice presentation with inviting cliks..
    lassi sounds absolutely refreshing n healthy..
    Am your happy follower now..;)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just remembered that my Indian friend made really delicious Mango Lassi last summer. Ever since my first time, I was addicted to that drink and learned how to make it. I've never tried peach one. I'm going to try your recipe next time when it's warm. I now know yogurt and milk is same ratio - which I wasn't sure. It's easy to remember! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trader Joes sells mango lassi's and we buy them quite often. We also enjoy kefir, it's a bit sweeter so the boys enjoy it as well. :) Very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried peach lassi. This sounds super delicious! Why didn't I think of it before! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely recipe. I, for whatever reason, have never used peaches in a lassi. I will have to remedy that. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to wait for summer to enjoy this lassi. Peach is one of my fab fruit and this lassi sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete

More good eats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...